Jeep Wrangler Hard Top : Perfect for Off-road Enthusiasts
Hello, fellow four-wheel drive enthusiast! Welcome to your one-stop resource for all you need to know about the Jeep Wrangler hard top.
It is undeniable how Jeep has made its mark in the four-wheel, off-road driving scene. Do you own a Jeep Wrangler hard top or are looking into buying one? Whatever reason you’ve got for checking our site out, we’ve got you covered.
The popularity of Jeep Wranglers has made the company produce options to suit your every four-wheel driving need. When we talk of hard tops, we are dealing with your vehicle’s roof material. Other options are the soft top and, simply, no top.
Let’s be clear at the outset that we will be dealing more with hard tops here. You can always go for the third option (which is the no top) upon deciding if your initial purchase is going to be a hard or soft top Jeep Wrangler. Both options have its respective pros and cons. However, the following general points (we’ll go a little more into detail later) make the Jeep Wrangler hard top an awesome choice:
1. It’s easier to make a purchase of and shift to a soft top later.
- Once you’ve got your hard top, you can always buy a soft top for alternating your existing Jeep Wrangler hard top’s roof style. You won’t have to worry about making your purchase and shipping costs (since its lighter).
2. You can think of nothing but fun in the sun…and, well, more fun!
- Jeep Wrangler hard tops are designed to suit extreme weather conditions. The latest Jeep Wrangler hard top is the Freedom Top™ that’s made of heat-and-snow-resistant fibreglass. It will never be necessary for you to worry about your cover and everything inside (including you) being damaged.
3.Jeep Wrangler hard top gives you safety, convenience, and style all rolled into one.
- Jeep offers various hard top options for you to choose from to suit your style, adventure, and dream needs and preferences. Plus, we know that Jeep Wranglers have been designed for off-road driving and adventure. Your hard top’s sure to keep you protected from nature’s falling debris as you go. Lastly, it defines convenience in a way that you, yourself, can make the shift from hard to no top anytime and anywhere.
As previously mentioned, there are more perks you can do to get the most out of your Jeep Wrangler hard top that you can’t achieve with the soft top option. One of these is having a roof rack.
Another is a third break light. Although it is not impossible to have a 3rd break light installed on a soft top, the Jeep Wrangler hard top just gives it a more strategic position, like in this image*:
There are, however, more that you can get from a Jeep Wrangler hard top than a strategically positioned 3rd break light and roof rack. You can opt to have a dome light, slider/tinted windows, and even a rear roof rack!
It may not seem much upon purchase, but you sure want to take your Jeep Wrangler hard top for a camping adventure and elsewhere fun and thrilling—having a hard top will make your belongings (esp. everything personal and valuable) safer. The new Jeep Wrangler hard top is fibreglass that’s way tougher than the soft top (knives can’t cut through as easy).
Finally, another great news concerning Jeep Wranglers is that the company continues to develop (not to mention, improve existing) and innovate Wrangler ideas for owners and prospective buyers. The latest in their hard tops is the Freedom Top™.
Jeep Wrangler’s Freedom Top™ hard top is a modular design in three connectible pieces that you can opt to have a piece at a time. Here’s how it looks like:
Image #1 shows how you can opt to have a no top front for the driver and passenger seat, while the backseat stays covered—say you’ve got your picnic basket warming at the back or children passengers who might fall off an open top. Or, if you simply want a no top front, while still using your roof rack.
Image #2 shows how you can have the backseat or rare partially exposed for ventilation.
Image #3 shows how you can have a covered front area, and an exposed rear—you can do this for trips with more friends and/or family who’d like to hang out and get better ventilation as you go.